17.2.17

Galaxy art with 'mini tutorial'

Hi all☺

Another week has passed by and it's weekend!

As you know, I am all about something blue at the moment,
so this week, I painted a little Galaxy with my new blue watercolor🎨

First I draw a fine outline of a circle with a pencil,
and made the circle wet with water.
Then, started painting with a light shade of blue using a wide brush.
After that, I built up the color and effect of the galaxy
using different shades of blue, purple, pink, and black.

While the paint was still wet, I sprinkled a little bit of coarse salt to create lovely texture.
However, the salt I used was too chunky,
so didn't quite do the job I wanted,
but hey, as long as the end result is good, yes?😂

Once the paint was totally dry, I bushed the salt off,
then I splattered a white acrylic paint all over the Galaxy
(and my coffee table underneath)
to create stars and dust effect.
Ta-dah!
What do you think?

Then of course, I digitize it to make a printable,


I added a simple dictionary definition of 'galaxy' under my painting.

Please note:
actually, I wanted to make a tutorial for this artwork,
but then I realized I didn't take nearly enough photos during the process,
so let me call it 'mini tutorial' 😂

You can download it here:




Enjoy the weekend🍷




No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top